Jayce Allen

I know I am a little behind, but that's what happens when you go from one to two kids, and everyone gets sick 3 times since we came home from the hospital.  Our baby boy was born on July 28.  We named him Jayce Allen. He was 8lbs 4 oz, and 22 inches long. He is still long and skinny.  We love this boy, he has been such a blessing to us! We had a rough start though. He was born with a collapsed lung. It was so scary, he came out blue and didn't make a sound. We were so worried about him. Right after he was born and he started crying they listened to his lungs and found that no air was going through one. So they let me kiss him and then took him right over to the NICU. Ryan went with him and gave him a blessing with my brother in law. I am so grateful that I have a husband who holds the Priesthood! We weren't allowed to hold him or make any noise while in the room to visit him.  It was so hard to see my baby laying there and me know I couldn't do anything to help him. With Rodney it is easy, most of the time a KISS fixes EVERYTHING!! But a kiss wouldn't fix that.

 The next morning the doctor came in and said we could go visit Jayce for a few minutes. We went in as they were getting ready to do another chest x-ray. So we waited a few more minutes. After they had finished we went in to see him. About 20 minutes later the doctor pulled us out of the room and told us that over night the lung had fixed itself and that he is breathing with both lungs now. She went on to tell us that he was working so hard that they never had to give him oxygen. She believed that this is how he ended up correcting it himself, because they didn't intervene. I am so grateful that my baby didn't have to have any extra help getting this problem fixed. I am also grateful for Priesthood blessings, for Ryan and my family! I love them all so much!


We were able to take him home on day 3. It was so nice to be able to have him at home! They told us to be careful about going out and about. They didn't want him to get sick and have to come back. Ha ha ha little did we know we would get sick anyway.  It has been a long 2 months, but it has gone by so fast! I can't believe I have a 2 year old and a 2 month old. They grow up so fast!
Well here are a few pictures.
 Can you believe an 8 lb baby was in there?


I am finally a 10! Only took 6 hours!


 Before they took him to the NICU


 In the NICU our first time really getting to hold him.


 proud daddy!



 Rodney's first time seeing Jayce


He loved holding him and wanted to give him a big kiss!



 First family pic


 He wanted my bracelet so the nurse got him a big brother bracelet


on our way home!


Comments

Brooke said…
Your two boys are so stinkin' adorable!!!
Marsa said…
aww congratulations to you and your new little family!!!! :)

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

Popular Posts